Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Office...

I was walking to the kitchen today and I noticed one of the facility workers down the hall way on the other side of the building and I began to wonder, how much distance should there be before you actually acknowledge or say hello to some one? For a second I thought should I just wave? Give a head nod? Or, just go into the kitchen and wait for him to get down on my end before I speak/acknowledge him? I went a head took the safe route and waved to him sweetly. :) I try my hardest to establish relationships with people who work in other departments, never know when I will need some preferential treatment.

Anyway...

No matter where I work I am always in an office that is ice cold. Or maybe it is just me, but I am cold. Right now I have my heater cranked up and there is a significant temperature difference in my office and outside of my office. It can be hotter than the Devil's toe nail outside and I will have my heat cranked up. My supervisor has threatened to call Life Management on me and have them send me to the doctor to make sure I am alright but I am anemic and I rather crank up the heat then be bogged down with the side effects of taking iron pills.

Ahhh well she could be like one of my other supervisors (Rashad) who took a moment to clown me like it was no bodies business.

Speaking of Rashad, can I just say after reading his blog entries about office sharing I am more thankful each day that I have my own office?? Not that I have taken it for granted but dang I am thankful.

Ok, this rambling must cease and I must get back to work.

2 comments:

  1. I never clowned you, that is an untruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. *blink, blink*

    It was the middle of August and I had a leather coat on... you had an opportunity and man you took it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete