Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Anti-Social???

In the midst of my work day I was interrupted by the faint sound of the fire alarm (the one on my side failed to go off) I ignored it, continuing with my work until some one dragged me out of my office on their way out to the emergency evacuation meeting point.

As I got together with my other co workers and supervisor I detected the beginnings of me getting clowned because they don't see me as much as they did before I got an office. My supervisor jokingly told me that I need to come, make my rounds and speak to everyone. I suppose if I have to do it to get that boost up career wise then I will but for the most part some times I have days where I am feeling anti-social. Granted I do have a few co workers that I am close to and one at work husband who calls all dang day just about every day (mental note start working on getting dude a woman).

Anyway...

Most times it is work. I had no clue I was going to be supporting the largest producer of work in this group and I have others that come to me for their support needs, questions and concerns as well therefore it leave me in my office with piles and piles of work that needs to get done before the end of the day... some times I don't even have time to eat. Thank God for one of my co workers who always looks out for me, checks up on me and if it is one of those busy days he will run and get me something to eat or heat my food up for me (yes it is that busy). Then there are just times where I really don't feel like talking to any one. I just want to sit in my office and work silently. I don't want to participate in the other reindeer games, I just want to chill, in my office... alone.

I cannot say that my personal life is all that different. Basically I talk to who I want to talk to, deal with who I want to deal with, will meet new people (love meeting new people) and just leave all the rest. Yes, I get real nervous when I am in a new social setting or I have to meet people but once I get comfortable I am good... relationships and networks are just so hard to keep up with and maintain. Mmmmm, yeah I am lazy. I think I just don't want to establish and maintain, that's it.

Maybe if I get a doctor to write a note saying that I have social anxiety and post it on my door then folks will leave me alone. LOL!

3 comments:

  1. I wish a motherf**ker would call me anti-social at world. i'd release a verbal jihad on their candy ass

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL! I can so see you doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anti Social is not a bad thing...its a condition of "lemme the fuck alone"...relish in it.

    ReplyDelete