Monday, July 28, 2008

Bridezillas

One of the moments I look forward to is 9PM on a Sunday night, getting on the phone with my girlfriend and tuning into Bridezillas on the WETV network. We sit in amusement and in shock at watching brides with a beer, kool aid, or sometimes tap water budget as they attempt to pull off elaborate weddings. They often have nasty attitudes, very demanding of their future spouse and basically anyone with in a five mile radius. In watching this TV show I have been witness to more back fat spilling out of dresses, more boobs and nipples falling out of dresses that were not flattering to that person's shape than I have ever seen in my life.

Last night I was watching one of the blushing brides as she tried to "change" her man and make him into the man she wanted him to be. After seven years of dating she decided that he needed to lose weight (she weighed just as much as he if not more mind you), that he needed to learn table manners and went as far as to get him a etiquette coach. I am the type of person that accepts people for who they are and if I cannot spend my life dealing with something that my better half does, then I let it go and move on because one cannot and should not change another. Needless to say, I was outraged when she started to belittle this man and talk to him like he was a big overgrown toddler man-boy (as my girlfriend put it). She would not only belittle him in private but in front of family, friend and strangers as a way to make him change, or is it that breaking down process before the change? This has been the first time in my LIFE that I was waiting and silently hoping a man would slap the hell out of a female....just slap every last bit of taste out of her mouth. It is not right but she was out of control.

As my girlfriend and I sat in total shock, we both joked that maybe we have to gain an excessive amount of weight, make ourselves "interesting" looking, develop nasty and bitchy attitudes just to pull a husband these days. Though it was just jokes (marriage is low on my list of priorities) realistically I could not do it. I need a MAN who is going to be a MAN. It does not hurt to have someone who is confident in himself as a man and exudes that confidence. It does not hurt to have a man that can put his foot down from time to time. One thing I cannot do is deal with a man that will let me walk all over him for I will surely lose some respect for him as a man.

Though I have zero understanding of why these men let these chics run them like that, I suppose they see something in them that they love. So, such is life and to each his own. I hope the marriages last and I hope no one get choked out before the first anniversary.

Oh and yes I will continue to watch in amusement, amazement and total shock at these woman and their antics.

No comments:

Post a Comment