Thursday, July 31, 2008

Take Your Own Advice!

Why is it so hard for people to take their own advice (me included)? I have read/heard peoples thoughts, opinion and advice they have given on various subject matters yet they struggle in those same areas and it is clear they don't listen to anything they advise any one else to do. It just makes life that much harder than it should be sometimes.

With in the last 24 hours I have been helping friends in need with various issues and as I sit and talk them through their issues, make suggestions, give positive feedback and advice; I begin to wonder WTF? Why can't I take to heart what it is I am telling them and use it for myself? I know if I did life would be much easier.

Then I realized it is fear, fear of stepping out on that limb and everything falling a part yet what is the worse that can really happen? I am beginning to see that everything in life is a gamble with the world we are living in nothing is guaranteed, even life. So, if you allow yourself to love then what is the worst that could happen? It could not work out and if one does right then the break up can be as friendly as possible and you all will move on better people. In the end at least you know what it feels like to love and be love, at least you would have experienced it. Or, you could end up with a great love, good relationship and a good person for the rest of your days. One will never know what happens until you step out on that faith. You never know if you got that job or not if you don't apply and go for it. So, you were working in a different industry. Skills transfer, they have to train you any way... so go for it. See what happens! You will eliminate the what ifs, should of, could of, would ofs if you do.

Yet, again I know I need to take some of my own advice on certain things pertaining to certain aspects of my life. It all take baby steps, so what I am going to do is at least once or twice a day I am going to take my own advice and not listen to the hesitation that rolls around in my head. Hopefully I can make stepping out on faith and taking my own advice a habit.

Is anyone else up for the challenge?? I triple dog dare ya. LOL!

Here is some Smash Mouth


4 comments:

  1. Spell check your title Ms. Moy
    And i'll do the same to mine
    see? this taking your own advice stuff is easy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rashad! Mmmmhmmm nothing like playful, yet corrective sarcasim in the early afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post, great questions I will try it out and check back in and let you know how I do! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl! LOL! Good luck! It is easy to say but rather hard to do.

    ReplyDelete