Monday, July 21, 2008

Mid Day Ramblings...

My girlfriend says that, "men are nuts." I prefer to say that they are rather interesting creatures. Often time I sit, observe and wonder exactly what is their motivation for doing some of the things they do, especially when it comes to dealing with us females.

I have met some that are rather sweet and kind just like one of my co workers who comes into my office every morning to see how I am doing. He never misses an opportunity to rave about how much he loves my smile and how it brightens his day to see my smile in the morning.

Then it seems like some men just lay in wait for that perfect spot to open up so they think they can come in for the kill. Tisk, tisk... Lord please forgive them for they not know what it is they do. :sigh:

I received a phone call a few minutes ago from another co worker. He was literally playing on my phone as to take the edge off of the current situation we are trying to resolve (so I let the phone play pass). Jokingly he said, "Yeah I bet you thought I was your man." and in my sarcastic way I mumbled, "I really don't have a man." he asked me to repeat myself and I changed the subject, besides I did not and was not about to explain how we decided to just date one another opposed to being in a relationship at this time. For a moment I figured he did not hear my sarcastic remark and had his mind focused on getting this situation resolved, or so I thought.

No less than ten minutes later I get another phone call, it was him of course. We discussed what needed to be done and before we got off the phone he says, "Watch what you say." I ask, "What are you talking about?" then he quips back, "Let me find out you are single and I will be up there in 20 minutes." then we burst into laughter and he suddenly stops laughing and say, "You think I am playing..." I quickly ended that phone call, that was a discussion that I was not going to have and he was not someone I was going to have it with. I mean dang do they smell singleness in their air?

Then there are those men who have silent crushes... giggling... I am not even going to touch that one...

Then there is the man who is confused and conflicted. He know what he want but he just does not feel that he is ready to give up what ever it is that he feels he needs to give up in order to have the woman he wants in the manner he wants her. It's not like he does not care but he won't allow for himself to go further with his feelings. Getting so caught up in it and thinking, hoping that just because he is loved by her that is enough to make her stay for as long as he wants with out having to bend a little.

I have been in that place with someone that I had a very lengthy relationship with and to this day he tries to sell me a dream I don't even want to share with him by vowing to move back here just so he can marry me and undo all the wrong he did when we were together by treating me like he should have been treating me all along. Wow, negative.

Call me cold hearted if you want but some people just don't realize that a person has their limits male or female and they will only take so much before the feeling of not being cherished and the realization that one must move on with life with out that person they love sets in.

Could that be how people lose love?

1 comment:

  1. Men are crazy, women are nuts, its people who think otherwise who have it twisted.

    ReplyDelete